We Want You!
We hire the very best. And then they never leave.
Not many Organizations can honestly say they have the kind of Associate retention that Pacesetter has. More than half of our Associates have been with us over 10 years. The reason is very simple, we are family. We watch out for each other, care for each other, and truly go above and beyond for each other because we believe and trust in one another.
We thrive because we continuously seek the “best of the best” talent to join our team. People who lead by example, are passionate, results-oriented and driven to succeed. People who won’t settle for mediocrity, who always try to find a better way of doing things and who can easily adapt.
Pacesetter is seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals from any industry who would like to be a part of the Pacesetter Experience. We work hard and we play hard. Our culture is that of an extended family. Our People are Our Partners’ Advantage. Our focus is on finding the needs of our customer and fulfilling them, utilizing the experience and strengths of our specialized talent.
At the end of the day we are not just a steel supplier, but a partner who will provide the Ultimate Customer Experience and benefit our partner’s bottom line.
Production Planner - Sauk Village, IL
Pacesetter is seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals from any industry who would like to be a part of the Pacesetter Experience. We work hard and we play hard. Our culture is that of an extended family. Our focus is on finding the needs of our customer and fulfilling them utilizing the experience and strengths of our specialized talent. At the end of the day we are not just a steel supplier, but a partner who will provide the Ultimate Customer Experience and benefit our partner’s bottom line.
Create daily and weekly production schedules ensuring that materials, labor, and equipment are used efficiently to meet production and customer delivery targets. Plan and make use of available resources to ensure smooth and proper flow of production.
- Support and maintain the policies, procedures, and quality process of Pacesetter.
- Create production schedule and prioritize production orders for production optimization and customer satisfaction.
- Review and distribute production orders, conferring with foreman to determine progress of work and completion dates and solve production problems.
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectations.
- Communicate with service center team members to ensure orders are serviced according to customer requirements. Coordinate all special customer requirements and test requests to meet material requirements and ensure on-time delivery of sales orders.
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectations.
- Interact with Service Center management team on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested.
- Provide feedback on inventory levels and usage to the Business Planning Analysts.
- Function as liaison between corporate team and service center team.
- Assist the Service Centers in fulfilling their daily customer transportation requirements.
- Negotiate overall pricing and operational strategies with transportation companies to allow Pacesetter the most effective and profitable use of our relationship.
- Train Pacesetter associates on transportation and logistics process.
- Develop and maintain carrier (flat bed and van) relationships and conduct carrier meetings to discuss improvement goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining logistics policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of performance indicators and objectives for the logistics area.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of cost reduction initiatives for the logistics area.
- Assist in any special projects assigned by management.
- Develop and maintain off loaders capabilities matrix.
- Administer Pacesetter fuel surcharge program with carriers and internal associates.
- Plan and dispatch off-premise shipments from processors, vendors, mills, and ports to customers, service centers, or processors via various modes – truck, rail, barge, and ship.
- Provide logistical support to internal associates for freight rates, routings, modal selection, freight bill audit, customer service, export/import documentation, etc.
- Perform carrier management functions including approval process, negotiating freight rates, analysis, preferred routings, monitor performance, and file maintenance
- Compile and publish various internal reports including Off Premise Shipping Schedule: Import, Barge & Rail Summary, Fuel Surcharge Guide, Transportation Claims Report, Port & Inland Freight Charges, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Contribute to the profitability of Pacesetter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills, effective follow up skills, and effective time management
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Inventory and processing system expertise
- Understanding of all service center equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of all procedures related to the service center
- Comfort level using a variety of computer programs
- Excellent mathematical skills and comfort level when using calculations
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT: