We Want You!
We hire the very best. And then they never leave.
Not many Organizations can honestly say they have the kind of Associate retention that Pacesetter has. More than half of our Associates have been with us over 10 years. The reason is very simple, we are family. We watch out for each other, care for each other, and truly go above and beyond for each other because we believe and trust in one another.
We thrive because we continuously seek the “best of the best” talent to join our team. People who lead by example, are passionate, results-oriented and driven to succeed. People who won’t settle for mediocrity, who always try to find a better way of doing things and who can easily adapt.
Pacesetter is seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals from any industry who would like to be a part of the Pacesetter Experience. We work hard and we play hard. Our culture is that of an extended family. Our People are Our Partners’ Advantage. Our focus is on finding the needs of our customer and fulfilling them, utilizing the experience and strengths of our specialized talent.
At the end of the day we are not just a steel supplier, but a partner who will provide the Ultimate Customer Experience and benefit our partner’s bottom line.
Technical Services Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: July 2017
Reports to: Quality and Technical Services Manager
EEOC Status: Office/Clerical
Pacesetter is seeking talented and highly-motivated individuals from any industry who would like to be a part of the Pacesetter Experience. We work hard and we play hard. Our culture is that of an extended family. Our focus is on finding the needs of our customer and fulfilling them utilizing the experience and strengths of our specialized talent. At the end of the day we are not just a steel supplier, but a partner who will provide the Ultimate Customer Experience and benefit our partner’s bottom line.
To provide a high level of customer service by providing technical assistance to Pacesetter Steel Service customers and Associates. This will be accomplished by developing new and expanding customer opportunities from inception to completion. This includes evaluating customer requirements, developing specifications, attending customer trials as well as assessing field performance and resolving non-conformances.
- Serve as technical resource to sales team to aid them in the development and growth of new or existing business
- Perform initial quality audits to learn about customer procedures, processes, and requirements. Maintain a full understanding of customer requirements and processes and be an internal resource for customer quality requirements.
- Accurately communicate quality issues with team members. Provide continuous feedback and technical support to team members.
- Appropriately and accurately, manage a customer nonconformance from notification though completion.
- Review cross application discrepancies and resolve related errors.
- Reviews existing customer specifications to ensure their applicability to the end use and accuracy.
- Directs and assist with non-conformance resolution at outside processors. Coordinate resolution with the Director of Operations as needed.
- Investigate new technologies & processes and their application to new or existing customers.
- Investigate customer complaints of non-conforming material, determine root cause, and make disposition on the material. Visit customer locations as needed to resolve nonconformance issues.
- Provide both proactive and reactive technical support for customers by guiding or assisting with solving equipment or tooling issues, processing issues, specification revision, and participate in cost savings projects.
- Coordinate corrective action implementation.
- Review RFQ’s for technical correctness based on customer specifications and address needed changes.
- Gather and communicate market information.
- Develop performance benchmarks with outside processors
- Travel as needed to provide technical support to sales activities.
- Represent Pacesetter Steel Service as required at predetermined trade association events and conferences.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Perform Customer PPAP Submissions.
- Assist in problem resolution at all Pacesetter Service Centers.
- Support Corporate Policies and Procedures to enhance our profitability.
- Lead education initiatives on application, use of, processing and quality best practices.
- Be knowledgeable about Pacesetter’s products, processing capabilities, industry standards, and customer applications.
- Provide a return on investment and contribution to profitability.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Comprehensive experience in coil processing and metal forming industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering or related field or comparable years of experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and lead Associates cross functionally.
- GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to read customer drawings / blue prints.
- Ability to perform Gage R & R studies (Variable & Attribute).
- APQP knowledge.
- Ability to use necessary measuring devices.
- Knowledge of ISO-9001 & ISO-14001 requirements.
- Ability to collaborate in a dynamic fast paces environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver results.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT:
Reports To: Associate Manager of I-Reps
Revision Date: August 2017
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEOC Status: Office
To execute the sales commitment made to the customer, communicating effectively this commitment internally as well as functioning as the primary inside contact for the customer
- Support Corporate Policies and Procedures to enhance our profitability
- Internalize our Corporate Vision, Quality Policy, and Corporate Objectives
- Provide a return on investment and a contribution to profitability
- Enter Sales Orders (ASP/ASN as needed) and Sales Order Changes into SteelMan
- Confirm and accept customer transactional and contractual Purchase Orders and review for accuracy
- Upload customer documentation into Sales Order and Master Contract as well as maintain a general customer file
- Enter RFQs into SteelMan
- Enter Master Contracts and Commitments into SteelMan including set-up parts and incorporate MOU expectations as needed
- Compile and assemble Master Contract package
- Produce and send an OAL unless an MOU has been sent
- Maintain accurate data in the SteelMan Customer Profile system, updating data promptly as needed
- Be able to quote spot buy transactional business for in-stock inventory
- Fully support the needs of our customers
- Develop and maintain relationships with assigned customer plant personnel
- Assist in sales initiatives
- Work closely with Outside and Inside Sales to insure that customer needs are understood and met
- Coordinate work with needed functional areas across the company in order to meet customer needs and expectations
- Actively participate in assigned Account Development and Account Management meetings focusing on reviewing and improving the 5 Levers:
- Strong computer skills, particularly in spreadsheet and database software
- Robust relationship-building skills
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple tasks without losing composure
- Good listening skills, using respect and empathy when hearing a complaint
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Engaging and upbeat voice with a can-do attitude
- Good analytical and mathematical abilities
- Strong attention to detail
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT: